The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-06-2023, 04:11 AM

Default Unidentified Harlem guitar

Hi thank you for the add, nice to meet you all. I have a unidentified Harlem acoustic guitar, over 50 years old, not sure how to put pictures on here, no one can seem to identify it

Last edited by Alleyp; 03-06-2023 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Forgot my manners ��
Old 03-06-2023, 06:42 AM
Charter Member

The two easiest ways to post pictures are A) download the Tapatalk app on your phone and use the app to upload pics, or B) host the picture elsewhere on the web (like imgur or a personal website) and link to that.

Without pics it's particularly hard to tell much. Any sense of where it was made (I'm guessing not Harlem, though it's certainly possible).

I've not heard of the brand, but there were many many brands names under which Japanese and Korean made instruments were imported in the late 60s and through the 70s. My best guess in absence of evidence to the contrary, is that it's one of those.

Bourgeois DR-A / Bowerman "Working Man's" OM / Martin Custom D-18 (adi & flame) / Martin OM-21 / Northwood M70 MJ / 1970s Sigma DR-7 / Eastman E6D / Flatiron Signature A5 / Silverangel Econo A
(Call me Dan)
Old 03-06-2023, 07:25 PM

Wouldn't know anything about Harlem guitars, but this thread inspires a possible Jeopardy! entry:

Category: Before & After

Answer: An Upper Manhattan neighborhood and a northern New York state city are mentioned in song titles.

Correct question: What is Harlem Shuffle Off To Buffalo?

For the correct question, hit the quote function (I've written the correct question in "invisible ink"). Grin.

Last edited by Inyo; 03-06-2023 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-07-2023, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warfrat73 View Post
The two easiest ways to post pictures are A) download the Tapatalk app on your phone and use the app to upload pics, or B) host the picture elsewhere on the web (like imgur or a personal website) and link to that.

Without pics it's particularly hard to tell much. Any sense of where it was made (I'm guessing not Harlem, though it's certainly possible).

I've not heard of the brand, but there were many many brands names under which Japanese and Korean made instruments were imported in the late 60s and through the 70s. My best guess in absence of evidence to the contrary, is that it's one of those.
Hi thanks for that I have put them on Tapatalk as Harlem guitar, thanks for your help
Old 03-07-2023, 12:42 PM
Charter Member

From Tapatalk, log into your AGF (this forum) account, find this thread and open it up, scroll to the bottom and click the orange reply button (an arrow pointing left), and then upload your pics to this thread.

Bourgeois DR-A / Bowerman "Working Man's" OM / Martin Custom D-18 (adi & flame) / Martin OM-21 / Northwood M70 MJ / 1970s Sigma DR-7 / Eastman E6D / Flatiron Signature A5 / Silverangel Econo A
(Call me Dan)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion