The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-07-2014, 07:09 PM

Default Where to buy Yamaha A.R.T./S.R.T. pickup systems?

Posting this for a good friend, she has an older APX900 thinline that was purchased way before they invented their A.R.T./S.R.T. systems. We've heard really good things about this system, and considering they are a drop-in with the cutout in the upper bout, she's looking to upgrade.

We've searched online, but have been unsuccessful in finding a dealer who sells just the systems. Does anyone know where we can purchase these models?

If it helps, we're looking specifically for the System 62/63/64, not any other model. More information can be found here on the differences: http://europe.yamaha.com/en/products...es/catalog.pdf

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-07-2014, 07:30 PM

I would imagine any authorized Yamaha Service Center could order the parts for you, but I don't believe that Yamaha sells it as a post production add in.

My site: Personal Blog

Yamaha LL16R-12 L Series A.R.E.
Yamaha FG-75
Fender CF 60 CE
Ibanez AF75TDG
Epiphone Les Paul Std PlusPRO
Eastman MB515 Mando
Yamaha YPT230 Keyboard
Old 10-07-2014, 08:25 PM

Thanks Kip, unfortunately, the manufacturer-direct pricing is fairly comparable to a new guitar itself, and not priced in comparison or competition with similar products on the market. Was just hoping to see if there were any other sources out there, or maybe some options that AGF sponsors might know of?
Old 10-07-2014, 08:36 PM

Well we'll have to wait and see if one of the sponsors have some insight. I agree the new modeling preamp is pretty awesome stuff and it would be nice to be able to pop that in other guitars.

My site: Personal Blog

Yamaha LL16R-12 L Series A.R.E.
Yamaha FG-75
Fender CF 60 CE
Ibanez AF75TDG
Epiphone Les Paul Std PlusPRO
Eastman MB515 Mando
Yamaha YPT230 Keyboard

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion