The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-31-2021, 04:37 PM
Charter Member

Default Fender FA-125 impressions

A friend of mine decided to get into guitar playing and buy a guitar for his daughter to try.

He picked up one of these and had been learning on it for a while. I had him bring it over today and went over the setup for him.

Overall for $200 I'm shockingly impressed. The stock setup wasn't horrible. The relief was a bit high and the nut slots were a touch high but after taking care of that it dialed in very nicely and had a surprisingly good tone.

It also played quite nicely. The string spacing is a bit tight for me but overall I'd certainly steer someone on a budget to one of these based of this experience.
Old 10-31-2021, 05:12 PM
Charter Member

About 15 years ago I bought my teen-age son a Fender Dread (model?) at GC on a Memorial Day sale for $199. I was able to play about 5-6 of them from a stack of boxes displayed. None were duds and I found a couple that were shockingly good. One in particular was vibrant with some nice complexity and very good intonationl, all with a really nice looking spruce top. Over ten years or so he beat it up pretty good (I also chose to play it sometimes over my "high end" guitars.) Not only a great sounding guitar but it held up really well.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion