The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 04-17-2024, 10:22 AM

Absolutely will do brother. Sharing this post to my building mentor now!
Old 04-23-2024, 08:27 PM
AGF Sponsor

Artisan was a blast, I was right between Bill Kraus and Mark Hatcher, and it was great to get to spend some time with both of them and their lovely spouses.

Tim McKnight was gracious enough to take this pic of me in my booth:

The kalimba guitar got a lot of attention, I'll take some real pics of it in the coming days and see if I can put together a demo. In a nutshell, it has a chromatic kalimba in the upper bout, the kalimba has its own active pickup which is a custom set of piezos I integrated with a Schatten preamp. The guitar itself also has an active Schatten HFN pickup (two separate outputs). The volume and tone controls are accessible just to the right of the kalimba tines. The kalimba is also removable if it needs work, and is suspended there in the soundhole. It's also a great guitar!

I didn't do a good job of taking pics at the show - I was too distracted by the guitars and all the great guitarists. But here's some of the pics I did take.

Here's Ryan holding down the Kinnaird fort while Steve was sneaking around playing guitars:

That 12-string 12-fretter sounded awesome - everytime someone played it over there the floors shook!

Longhair Tyler's guitars are amazing. I love his fluid and unique design sense, and they are really really great guitars to boot:

Otto D'Ambrosio was right across from me and had some really slick archtops. The way he integrates the electronics was very cool:

It was a real treat to meet Diogo, who I found out later is our very own "dcn". I don't care what you guys say about him, he's a great guy, and an awesome player! Here he is playing one of my guitars:

This is Donovan Raitt playing one of my guitars, he is an incredible player from California who was representing Henriksen amps:

I met Joe McMurray last year, he is a really nice guy and another great player:

Antoine Dufour played the kalimba guitar and my 12-fretter for quite a while. I didn't recognize him with his new facial hair, and he just introduced himself as "Antoine". It was pretty clear right away which Antoine he was though:

It was a fantastic show. It's always great to hear your guitars played by others, and to get to play so many awesome instruments.

Apologies to all those whose pics I didn't take, I'll try to do better next time!

Last edited by morgankelsey; 04-23-2024 at 08:29 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-24-2024, 07:44 AM
AGF Sponsor

Morgan, it was a great seeing you and your fine wares again. I would sneak over when you stepped away and was really impressed—again—with the level of craft you bring to the industry.
And it should be added: Morgan has the coolest T-shirts in the biz! Contact him and order some for future gifts—they’re that good.

Steve

Crafted in the Piney Woods
Old 04-25-2024, 03:14 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird View Post
Morgan, it was a great seeing you and your fine wares again. I would sneak over when you stepped away and was really impressed—again—with the level of craft you bring to the industry.
And it should be added: Morgan has the coolest T-shirts in the biz! Contact him and order some for future gifts—they’re that good.

Steve
Thanks, Steve! Always great to see you and talk a little shop. I'll let the head of marketing know you're enjoying your shirt.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop