The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 04-24-2024, 10:32 PM

I respectively disagree with Silly as I understand that we all have opinions and we will never live in a world where we all agree. What would be the point of a forum if we did?
Ive tried various specs and for me 1 13/16 nut with 2.25 bridge is perfect. If you had longer fingers you might light like 5/16 but I find the 13/16 with 2/25 makes the width of the fingerboard very playable. I will not consider a guitar with any specs other than that because its been a long time figuring out. Speaking of that I may be looking for a guitar with those specs in the future. I change guitars pretty often. The one I have now has a lot of sentimental value or it would have been gone already. I love to try new guitars.
Old 04-25-2024, 05:12 AM
Charter Member

I suspect the OP might have found the fruit of this search, but another to consider is a 000-18NB/000-28NB.

These Norman Blake signature models are charming and unique. If I'm not mistaken, the models have slightly different specs (in addition to hog vs EIR). They both have 1-13/16" nuts, but I think the 18 has a 2-5/16" spacing at the nut, and the 28 is 2-3/8"... go figure. And the spruce tops might be different varieties as well (not sure)? What really distinguishes these models is they are the typical martin short scale 000 14 fret body size and shape, but with a 12 fret neck join. This makes for an incredibly comfortable geometry, and with all of the sonic (IMO) advantage of a 12 fret bridge placement. The sound hole is smaller as well, which evidently boosts bass response (not sure about this as there is nothing to compare it with).

Really special, sold my 28, miss it, prone to bouts of brainlessness.
Beard resonator Englemann/walnut

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars