The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-08-2023, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IraDuncan View Post
This guitar was played 17 years ago, IIRC. The clarity of it was incredible. The guitar sounded like it had its own reverb.

I play a bit percussively, as I'm a looper fan with my Boss RC-50. When Phil allowed me to play his Langejans, I played one of my songs called the Promise, which uses a partial capo over the 3rd, 4th and 5th strings to simulate an open tuning (EBEABE). I would say the response of Phil's guitar was just fine to my style. He likely plays them even more driven than I do.
Thanks very much for the response.

I've never played a cedar-topped guitar with the type of clarity that you describe, but I know one person in particular who has a custom-made Cedar-topped guitar that he absolutely loves. I'm sure it's like the one that you have described.

I wish I had played that guitar !!!
Old 04-08-2023, 07:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneSrchin View Post
In the name of sharing knowledge and experiences (and for something interesting to read):

1). What is THE BEST SOUNDING acoustic guitar you've ever played?
(Manufacturer, model and Top/Back/Side wood specifics if you have them).

2). Why was it so good? (Great highs, mids, lows, all, volume, balanced, super tone, etc.)

3). The TWO (2) reasons you believe it sounded SO GOOD? (ie. The Design, Top wood, Bracing, Back & Side wood, Age, etc.)

REMEMBER we're talking 100% SOUND here, not looks.

Mine: 2006 Taylor GS-KS Limited
Sitka Top, Koa back & sides, with W. African Hard Ivory
Saddle & FWI Pins.

Super tone ALL around...Great highs, Mids, & Lows (like I never
heard before after playing hundreds of high end guitars),
great harmonics, great volume, great playability.

Design and Good KOA Back & Sides
1941 Martin D-18.

Had everything. Loud, responsive, strength from low to high. But most of all, it had tremendous character and depth of tone. Never heard anything so thrilling or so haunting. And a great neck.

Age and traditional construction. Not sure there are two more important ingredients other than geometry/playability.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion