The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 09:06 PM

This thread started out comparing beautiful women to curvaceous guitars through Album covers.
It quickly turned to musical women who are beautiful in body and spirit.
I can't believe that we're up to 23 pages and 333 posts and no one has mentioned the beautiful and gifted spirit Buffy Sainte Marie.

I can only find one album cover of hers where she's pictured with a guitar.

However, there are several covers that show her striking physical features.

Ruby: Andrew White custom ordered model C

Coral: Andrew White custom ordered model E

Fast Eddie: Andrew White custom ordered model F

Frieda: Duane Noble custom built Harp Guitar

Last edited by Darrel; 07-27-2009 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Inappropriate photo removed
Old 07-27-2009, 09:07 PM

Default Cindy Santini

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpeeler View Post
I can't believe no one has mentioned Cindy Santini. She works for Taylor as a web designer and is pictured in the winter 09 Wood and Steel playing her 514. I wish I could post the picture but I couldn't figure out how to capture it.

Cindy writes happy tunes ...great voice too. Listening, it sounds like her Taylor is happy to be a Cindy Santini sidekick!

If the King loves music, it is well with the land. ~Mencius

bourgeois omc euro
ca cargo, gxi
doolin om
gibson custom j45 vine
larrivee sd50, cust.walnut parlor
martin d40, d18ge, ltd.000 hippie
takamine ef341sc, ltd98
taylor 555-12, T5-C, 516ce FLTD

electrics: suhr-s, taylor T3-B, gibson lp std, guild '63 starfire III & '80 IV; amer.dlx & '57 AVRI strats; 52RI & J Burton teles
Old 07-27-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdks View Post
Listening, it sounds like her Taylor is happy to be a Cindy Santini sidekick!
I'd be happy to be a cindy santini sidekick
Old 07-28-2009, 11:22 AM

My friend Melissa Rapp.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:18 PM

Default Beautiful Women and Curvaceous Guitars

It is not easy to like Be Strong & Curvaceous, especially if you are not a Christian and die-hard fashionista. In this novel, believing in a Christian god is as usual as fancying the latest Chanel dress or a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes. Don’t let the title fool you either. It is some sort of wordplay culled from the Book of Deuteronomy that contains the line “Be strong and courageous.”

It is the story of a bunch of trend-setting young women and their triumphs and travails in an elite boarding school in San Francisco. The girls are quite religious but, hey, they are normal teenagers too. While they are busy with their schooling they go to parties, attend prayer meetings, are well-versed with the latest happenings in the fashion world, and experience boy-troubles.

Okay, okay, if this sounds like a banal storyline, it doesn’t mean that Shelley Adina’s new novel doesn’t have any redeeming qualities. It promotes sisterhood and the attitude of being true to one’s self no matter what. Hence be strong and curvaceous—self-satisfaction. It also discusses the pitfalls of peer pressure and the clique system.

The novel is the third installment of the All About Us YA Series, the tale of four BFFs—the blonde Lissa Mansfield, Asian-American Gillian Chang, the Hispanic American Carly Aragon, and the African-American Shani Hanna—and their lives in the posh Spencer Academy. If Adina’s first book, It's All About Us, is the story of Lissa and her status as a popular and pretty all-American girl in the middle of the rich and the beautiful, the second book The Fruit of My Lipstick, is Gillian’s tale, who fell for the wrong boy.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:25 PM

We are over the 300 post mark.....

Please continue on Part 2 of this thread.

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...09#post1913809

Thanks,
Darrel
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion