The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Charter Member

Default Guitars in Park City...

Thanks to all of the recommendations from members on guitar shops in the Park City area. Only made it to Riff's and was surprised to see how many nice guitars Larry had to offer. It's a somewhat small shop with an adjacent coffee shop so you can spend hours on end there. Played several nice Martins. My favorite was an OM-21. Also played a new D-18 I believe with a 1 3/4" nut that was very nice and great for us sausage finger players. Tried a Lowden that was on consignment there and was seriously considering making an offer. It's the first one I'd encountered. But what really surprised me was how much I liked the Taylor entry series 114 and 214. Both had great setups right out of the case and their tones were greater than the sum of their parts to me somehow?

Left empty handed but I still have Larry's number so who knows? Thanks again for steering me to a great little shop with a seriously nice owner!

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion