The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-16-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billder99 View Post
John, the OM's will start again around mid October... it would be great to have a fellow AGFer join in the fun. We had an OM last night at 1697 Restaurant & Microbrewery... started at 6pm, played till 10pm... full house as always, everyone had a great time. Then we went to Strokers Reef (bar) and played for fun till 2am, one song after another around the circle of 3 players, way too much Tay-Kee-La. Loreto is all about social life and quality of living, close community of Gringos and Mexicans living side by side.
This will work! I've got two TEDx talks (different subjects) in the States on September 12 and October 24 and will be in Mexico between those dates. I may return after the Fretboard Summit, where I'll also give a talk, or two. Whether I make the second visit to Mexico will depend on how much progress I accomplish on the book during the first visit.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
This will work! I've got two TEDx talks (different subjects) in the States on September 12 and October 24 and will be in Mexico between those dates. I may return after the Fretboard Summit, where I'll also give a talk, or two. Whether I make the second visit to Mexico will depend on how much progress I accomplish on the book during the first visit.
Holy Cow John, when someone says "Oh, by the way, I have a couple of TED talks to do..." I'm going to look at their website. You are a real Renaissance Man, a long list of admirable works accomplished and in progress. I never cease to be amazed with the quality of participants on this website. Do you ever sleep?

Side story... we drive up and down the Baja peninsula around 4x per year to visit family & friends, and to do procurement in the US (I design & build custom homes, many things we can't get down here). It is a 14 hour drive from Loreto to the border. We learned many years ago about Books on Tape for long drives, and we actually look forward to the trips for the stories we will hear. Just last year, I told my wife about this really great story, sort of a Rosie the Riveter story about a guitar company, a microcosm of America during the WWII years. Unfortunately we couldn't find Kalamazoo Gals on audible.com but we downloaded on the Kindle just a month ago. It's a small world.

Many celebrities come here for the authentic charm of the town and the people, but you would be a Big celeb in our small Gibson loving music community. It would be a real honor to meet you and play guitar with you. PS: Your Peter Gunn at the Zanzibar is pure awesomeness.

Now back living in Baja Sur where I started my carbon fiber journey... Bend OR was too cold!

Last edited by billder99; 05-16-2015 at 07:44 PM.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:35 PM

Dang I want to come down there. I think they would dig my George Jones tribute set.
Old 05-17-2015, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billder99 View Post
Holy Cow John, when someone says "Oh, by the way, I have a couple of TED talks to do..." I'm going to look at their website. You are a real Renaissance Man, a long list of admirable works accomplished and in progress. I never cease to be amazed with the quality of participants on this website. Do you ever sleep?

Side story... we drive up and down the Baja peninsula around 4x per year to visit family & friends, and to do procurement in the US (I design & build custom homes, many things we can't get down here). It is a 14 hour drive from Loreto to the border. We learned many years ago about Books on Tape for long drives, and we actually look forward to the trips for the stories we will hear. Just last year, I told my wife about this really great story, sort of a Rosie the Riveter story about a guitar company, a microcosm of America during the WWII years. Unfortunately we couldn't find Kalamazoo Gals on audible.com but we downloaded on the Kindle just a month ago. It's a small world.

Many celebrities come here for the authentic charm of the town and the people, but you would be a Big celeb in our small Gibson loving music community. It would be a real honor to meet you and play guitar with you. PS: Your Peter Gunn at the Zanzibar is pure awesomeness.
Thanks for the kind words!

I hope at some point to have an audio version of the book, but that's really up to my publisher.

I'll spend most of my time near the border, but have interviews scheduled in Hermosillo, too. I'll send a PM now so that we can exchange email addresses and stay in touch.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion