The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-17-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgedeA View Post
I have had a Furch OM35 SR for about a month . Its a phenomenal guitar and here in Europe at least is incredible value .
This is my first attempt at posting a picture using Imgur so .. excuse me if this fails ... I'll try again !
Singapore is certainly an unforgiving climate for any instrument but I imagine that you have AC's whirring all year 'round and can keep the guitar in its case ... I wonder where you have heard about those issues with Furch .. I have not heard anything like this .... could happen to any guitar in that climate .

Best of luck ... maybe a second hand buy might be best ? ... the woods may have settled a bit and become more stable ?
Mine is brand new ... made in March ... and I'm quite certain that it has changed a little since I have had it .. unless its in my imagination it seems to have warmed a bit ...
Old 05-17-2015, 12:21 PM

Make sure to try a Breedlove cedar top! I've owned three, still have two, regretted selling the other---love the warmth! I think spruce in general tends to be brighter.
Buscarino Starlight nylon, Martin 000C-RGTE, Godin nylon duet ambiance, Breedlove Bossa Nova, cedar/EIR, Breedlove SC-20, cedar/walnut, Ovation Nylon LX1773, CA Cargo, CA GX, Larrivee 00-03, sitka/hog
Old 05-17-2015, 09:07 PM

Loving every one of your inputs! I will definitely check them out. Keep 'em coming!!
Old 05-17-2015, 09:36 PM
Charter Member

I don't have a carbon fiber guitar, but if the humidity is that bad where you are you should really consider them.

Sad Moments {Marianne Vedral cover}:

My SoundCloud page

Some steel strings, some nylon.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
breedlove, furch, lakewood, larrivee