The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-23-2018, 12:21 PM

Default Shout out to EML Picks

Just wanted to thank Eric for an amazing product. I had ordered and received a 1.5 casein small triangle and a 1.5 casein mandolin picks from him, and they are outstanding. My go-to, though, has been the Blue Chip TP-1R 60, as I like the access to the two different point profiles. I emailed EML and asked if an equivalent shape could be made in casein, and got a message back that he could, so I ordered two 1.5 casein small triangles with one rounded point. Got them a couple of days ago, and they are perfect ... beautiful and extremely well made, with a great, organic sound that fits in well with fingers in hybrid picking. Have used Blue Chips, Charmed Lifes, Wegens, et al, but for me, these are the cream of the crop. (Sorry, no pics, can't figure out how to post since PhotoBucket moved off of freebie status.)
Old 03-23-2018, 01:30 PM

I bought one of the Casein standard pointed picks to try out. I did like the look and feel of the pick, but it sounded brash to me. I tried it on my Martin and Gibson with the same result. I ended up giving it to my son.

( @ )===:::
Old 03-23-2018, 02:18 PM

Been using a 2.5mm Triangle and a 4mm standard for a while now. Been very pleased with the tone, control, and volume I am getting. The 4mm in particular works spectacularly on mandolin as the point and bevel keep the sound loud and clear but the thickness allows for smooth tremolo without getting caught between strings. May have to try the polyester resin models if only to get a sense of what they sound like, but the casein seems to be the cream of the crop.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion