The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 04-02-2024, 01:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscherokman View Post
Thank you so much - that makes sense and I will use your suggestions.
There’s a lot of very sensical advice here. You can quickly see there are some really accomplished pros and polished amateurs here who have “been there, done that” and offer great advice. (Im not one of them)

I had a major Ah-Ha! moment when I discovered the standard layout of all mixers, not just the new 32 bit float models. The sliders are for mixing the output, not input, although depending on how you monitor you can easily be fooled into thinking they are. Really, most if not all recording basics apply to 32bit recording, except the much higher dynamic range eliminates the need to adjust input gain. This is accomplished by internal circuitry, and has nothing to do with sliders.
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 04-10-2024, 07:31 AM

Somewhere in this topic someone asked about the R4's use with two microphones.

I just used my R4 with my pair of REALLY CHEAP Behringer C-2 condenser mics to make a video demonstrating Gerry Rafferty's Baker Street in drop D tuning, so I'm posting it here as a honest representation of a "quick n' dirty" recording using ht R4. There is NO processing of the audio tracks other than panning the two mics left and right to use as replacement audio for the video, shot with a phone.

Old 04-10-2024, 07:42 AM
Charter Member

Wow that sounds terrific, both the mics and your interpretation of the song, one of my favorites. Thanks for sharing that!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD