The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-15-2014, 05:56 AM

Default Ibanez Aw40 NT

Sorry if this has been asked before, I can't find it if it has, but could I please get your opinions on the Ibanez AW40-NT as a first guitar? I currently have a loan of an AW100 & from what I've been able to find out they are pretty much spec'd the same, except for the beautiful tree of life on the AW40.
I need opinions pronto as I have to let somebody know in the next ten hours, in Australia here. Sorry for the short notice but I've only just got registered on this site. Thanks in advance.
Cheers & G'day from Oz.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:18 PM

I think its a great choice. I think the Ibanez acoustics sound very good for the money and they have very easy to play necks. As a beginner, hard to go wrong with an ibanez.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:52 AM

Thanks jsanfilippo5, I had a brief loan of an Ibanez AW100 & it felt so good. Went looking but couldn't source one here in Oz but I saw the AW40-NT and fell in love with the tree of life fret board. From what I can see the specs are just about identical & the reviews on ultimate-guitar between the 100 & the 40 are just about the same too.
It will be in my hands by the end of the week, really excited.

Appreciate your reply, thought no-one was going to respond there for awhile.
Cheers, Steve
Old 11-17-2014, 02:38 PM

Good luck with it!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion