The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-13-2009, 07:21 PM

Question Advice on K54 and/or K65

Hello all.

I'm in the process of adding another guitar to the K-24 I currently own. After playing several Taylor 12-strings I'm surprised at how easy they are to play. I thought that you would have to say some magical incantations and planets would have to be aligned to manage so many strings. Thankfully I was wrong.

Knowing that Koa can vary from guitar to guitar, my questions will really be about the difference in sound between the GA and Jumbo body styles. I was able to play a 355 and 655 as the ones I'm comparing to. I was never able to find a GA sized 12-string, so I was wondering if others in the AGF could chime in. I would assume that the Jumbo will lend more to the bottom end, but will it be as bright as the GA body style? I find that I primarily play chords and don't venture too much into fingerpicking. I'm sure fingerpicking can be "fun" with a 12 stringer?

Thank you for any advice you can send my way.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion