The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-21-2009, 09:06 PM

Default Martin Clinic in Palo Alto last night. Good Times!

Last night I went to Gryphon Strings in Palo Alto for the Martin Clinic. Kenny Sultan was there playing some great fingerpicking blues on his Signature Model 000-18 (Serial #1). He was very gracious and answered all kinds of questions ranging from his opinions on various guitar models to questions on playing technique.

Later I got to play his signature model and it was great! Then later I played an MC-DSM (Koa back and sides) that almost made me cry it sounded so beautiful.

A fun time was had by all. Finally, does anyone have a spare Six Grand to give so I may buy the MC-DSM....just puttin' it out there
2006 Jubal Jumbo
2016 New Era Crooked Star Prairie State Jumbo
2016 New Era Crooked Star Senorita
2020 Iris Smeck
1972 Guild Killdeer F112-6 Part Deux
Old 08-21-2009, 09:38 PM

That was a good evening and Kenny DID put on a clinic. I learned more watching him, and hearing his explanations, than I have in years.....just a lot of subtle things he does to make that guitar come to life......A great time was had by one and all.....free strings!!!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion