The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-07-2001, 12:33 PM

Default How are the donations coming?

JR,
How is the response from the forum on donations? dink
________
Kitchen Measures

Last edited by dink; 04-07-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-07-2001, 02:32 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Hi, Dink! So far, we've had several very kind forum members donate to help out the forum. You guys are really REALLY awesome! I'm very humbled that people are helping to support the forum. I'm not going to operate this like a PBS pledge drive or anything - it's totally voluntary. I don't expect the members to fit the entire bill. I honestly don't know what the entire bill will be over the next year, because things can change. However, I anticipate the costs of running the forum for the next year will be between $800-$1000 total.

I've been working with Forum Member "Gutch" to finalize an agreement on a small fundraiser for next year - a Forum Member's CD, which will further help with the costs of this forum.

Some have suggested that the forum should have a membership fee or dues or something. I honestly would not feel good about that. This forum is a hobby of mine, and a gift to Taylor Guitar enthusiasts like me. It's not a business. Membership fees, no matter how small, inevitably would turn people away, who otherwise might enjoy the forum and participate.

This forum is free and should remain that way. Those who have donated out of the kindness of their hearts are truly wonderful people, who see a value in the forum and don't mind kicking in to help with the bills a bit. But the forum is for ALL people who enjoy Taylor Guitars and acoustic music, and want to chat about it.

Once again, I'm truly humbled by the show of support. You guys are AWESOME!

Coming soon... The Taylor Guitar Forum - II.

J.R.
Old 12-07-2001, 02:46 PM

Cool

JR, Im having problems with paypal, it wont let me in. I cant access my account which has about 700 dollars in it. I cant find a phone # to contact them and I cant get logged on since changing my email address. Any suggestions would be great, Ive tried clicking on the Icon for donations but it leaves me at"page not available". Sweating bullets! JW
Old 12-07-2001, 06:51 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by JW:
<STRONG>JR, Im having problems with paypal, it wont let me in. I cant access my account which has about 700 dollars in it. I cant find a phone # to contact them and I cant get logged on since changing my email address. Any suggestions would be great, Ive tried clicking on the Icon for donations but it leaves me at"page not available". Sweating bullets! JW</STRONG>
Hey, JW. The link seems to work ok. PayPal's customer service number is (888) 221-1161. I hope you get everything resolved ok! I'm sure your money is safe.

J.R.
Old 12-08-2001, 03:18 AM

JW, I'm also having trouble there. I called that number Thursday and got a message saying something like "due to the overwhelming number of calls recently we are unable to get to you at this time. Please call back." I think they're a bit overloaded with Christmas nearing. But this phone number is the best way to get to them if the site's not working. I'm going to try again tomorrow.
Old 12-08-2001, 11:28 AM

JR

I would be happy to donate a song to a Taylor Forun CD. When next year are you thinking of doing this? I ask because I am working on some new material right now for a CD of my own due out April 13. I should have some finished tracks in March, unless you needed me to finish one sooner?

also, I will send some money. Tough economics right now and also Christmas is upon us so I will just send what I can (If everyone did that it would be enough)

I have never used Paypal. is that completely safe, typing in your credit card number and info? reassure me anyone?

Bagelsgirl
Old 12-08-2001, 02:28 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Talking

Hi, Bagelsgirl! I'm really glad you're interested in contributing to the CD. Plans will be announced shortly, but we hope to have all the music compiled by February 14th 2002.

PayPal is very safe. I've been using it for a long time with no problems.

J.R.
Old 12-09-2001, 12:48 PM

Hee hee, after I left for work yesterday I thought maybe I should have put it this way- I would be happy to contribute a song for CONSIDERATION for inclusion on the forum CD! (I shouldn't be just assuming that mine would be automatically used, who knows, you guys might get more material than you can include) But I will be looking forward to hearing the details... and thanks. I'm walking out the door to work right now, I'll do a small paypal thing tomorrow morning...
Old 12-10-2001, 04:51 PM

bagelsgirl -
I haven't heard any of your CD's but from the comments I've seen I think your a shoe in!
J.R. -
Sorry I can't play well enough to contribute to the CD, but I'll be axiously waiting to buy one!
SM

'96 Taylor 514C
'97 Taylor 514CW
'99 Taylor K14C
'06 Taylor GSMC
'03 Gretsch Nashville Classic

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion