The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-29-2009, 01:02 PM

Default !3thfret.com

Another thread inspired me to start this one. What seems to have happened to the 13thfret? I don't mean this in a derogatory way, but back 6 years ago when I was having my first custom build done the 13thfret was the place to hang out and ask questions. Very similar to the AGF today. Now it doesn't seem to have as much activity as it once did. Is it simply a matter of now the AGF is the place to be or did something happen or ????? I don't know just something I've been pondering and wanted to hear from you guys as I assume that most of you once did and maybe still do post over there as well. I know I still visit occasionally and maintain a userid there also. Blessings, Tom
Cole Clark Angel 2 BLBL Sunburst
Kronbauer TDK Mini Jumbo Macassar/Adi
Old 05-29-2009, 01:30 PM

The 13thFret was the first guitar forum I became aware of and you're right, it was a happening place in the early 2000's. Lots of activity every day and I met a number of friends through there. Members had ID badges at Healdsburg like those planned for this forum. It's still frequented by lots of builders, but less players, I think, and far less posts.

When Dave S. stepped aside and it changed hands, I think it started to fade. I have one of the CD's produced by players playing guitars of member luthiers. A fine bunch of talent. There was even a 13thFret guitar project, with a bunch of builders each responsible for a part of the build. I played that OM, and it was nice. Kathy Wingert, Bruce Sexauer, Lance McCollum, Hank Mauel and several others had a part in it.

That project in 2004-2005:

http://www.13thfret.com/om_project/

Last edited by David Hilyard; 05-29-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:57 AM
AGF Sponsor

What the 13thfret lacks in quantity, it makes up for in quality.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
What the 13thfret lacks in quantity, it makes up for in quality.
+1 for what Bruce said.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion