The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-20-2024, 03:40 PM

Default NGD

I opened the box of my Cordoba C10 Crossover today and wow, what a beauty!

Any photo I’ve seen online does not come close to showing how gorgeous this guitar is! A well respected member of this forum stated the level of workmanship rivaled guitars costing thousand’s more, and I must agree! I can’t find any issue whatsoever!

This guitar was purchased unseen as I couldn’t find this model in a 3 hour one way drive in any direction.

The guitar plays and sounds great! I know nothing of classical guitar playing and have no interest, but I had to have a crossover for fingerstyle.

Tech challenged so, no photos.

If you’re in this forum, you know what they look like!
Old 03-20-2024, 07:34 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Congrats! Enjoy it!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:
Old 03-21-2024, 11:23 PM
Charter Member

Congratulations on your new Cordoba! How nice for you! I think you will really enjoy it!

- Glenn
Old 03-22-2024, 04:42 AM
Charter Member

Congratulations. My first guitar was a crossover. Did not know what it meant at the time but spent all day on it for years.
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat
Old 03-22-2024, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborne1 View Post
A well respected member of this forum stated the level of workmanship rivaled guitars costing thousand’s more, and I must agree! I can’t find any issue whatsoever!
Congrats on getting a good one! I have no personal experience with their C models but can confirm that the woodworking on my Fusion was flawless too. The bridge was visibly at an angle ... and I now know that Chinese fret work can be hit and miss even on guitars costing thousands more. (It's not perfect on my Eastman Cabaret, on my Cordoba Fusion it looked liked they aimed for an obstacle course and sure didn't miss that.)

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Toon: Eastman Cabaret JB (China, 2022)
Stanley: The Loar LH-650 (China, 2017)
Old 03-22-2024, 08:16 AM

Quote:
I opened the box of my Cordoba C10 Crossover today and wow, what a beauty!

Any photo I’ve seen online does not come close to showing how gorgeous this guitar is! A well respected member of this forum stated the level of workmanship rivaled guitars costing thousand’s more, and I must agree! I can’t find any issue whatsoever!

This guitar was purchased unseen as I couldn’t find this model in a 3 hour one way drive in any direction.

The guitar plays and sounds great! I know nothing of classical guitar playing and have no interest, but I had to have a crossover for fingerstyle.

Tech challenged so, no photos.

If you’re in this forum, you know what they look like!
Congrats, that will be a great guitar for you.

My only complaint on both my Cordobas is poor finishing for the partial fret across the sound hole. It's detailed with a good close up photo in my NNGD topic HERE.
Old 03-22-2024, 08:17 AM

Seems like we have quite a few members getting into nylon strings lately. This is a very good thing.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jeffreymatz
Old 03-22-2024, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
Congrats, that will be a great guitar for you.

My only complaint on both my Cordobas is poor finishing for the partial fret across the sound hole. It's detailed with a good close up photo in my NNGD topic HERE.
Rudy,
The moment I checked the fretboard end at the sound hole, I instantly thought of you!

It is finished to perfection, immaculate!

Cordoba must have read your thread and decided it was time to address the situation!

I am certainly enjoying this guitar as it is much easier to play fingerstyle. My old joints and flimsy finger nails have a much easier time with the Cordoba!
Old 03-22-2024, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJVB View Post
Congrats on getting a good one! I have no personal experience with their C models but can confirm that the woodworking on my Fusion was flawless too. The bridge was visibly at an angle ... and I now know that Chinese fret work can be hit and miss even on guitars costing thousands more. (It's not perfect on my Eastman Cabaret, on my Cordoba Fusion it looked liked they aimed for an obstacle course and sure didn't miss that.)
You have to wonder why that is!

Maybe they think they're doing it the right way, and the occasional one that slips out done correctly is the outlier!
Old 03-22-2024, 08:42 AM

Quote:
My only complaint on both my Cordobas is poor finishing for the partial fret across the sound hole.
Ah, yes, then there was that (least of the concerns in my case)...

Quote:
Maybe they think they're doing it the right way, and the occasional one that slips out done correctly is the outlier!
If that were the case my complaints wouldn't have been brushed away with a "within specs" boilerplate reply. Or so you'd hope...

Pickle: Gretsch G9240 "Alligator" wood-body resonator wearing nylguts (China, 2018?)
Toon: Eastman Cabaret JB (China, 2022)
Stanley: The Loar LH-650 (China, 2017)
Old 03-22-2024, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Rudy,
The moment I checked the fretboard end at the sound hole, I instantly thought of you!

It is finished to perfection, immaculate!

Cordoba must have read your thread and decided it was time to address the situation!

I am certainly enjoying this guitar as it is much easier to play fingerstyle. My old joints and flimsy finger nails have a much easier time with the Cordoba!
If that's the case I'm glad I could be of assistance!
Old 03-22-2024, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. beaumont View Post
Seems like we have quite a few members getting into nylon strings lately. This is a very good thing.
I wish AGF had this forum named "Nylon Strung Guitar" instead of "Classical".
There seems to be a lot of steel string players who want to dip a toe in the nylon strung guitar waters but don't really have an interest in "classical" guitar music, which is often what you will find in this section.

I've been a steel string player for 60 years, but I LOVE the compactness and rich sound of my Cordoba Cadete. For an inexpensive guitar it gets a LOT of use by me. The shorter scale length makes inter-fret stretches quite comfortable and the 1-7/8" FLAT board is super comfortable. The flat board made me have reservations about purchasing one, but it truly is absolutely no problem.
Old 03-22-2024, 12:41 PM

Quote:
I wish AGF had this forum named "Nylon Strung Guitar" instead of "Classical".
There seems to be a lot of steel string players who want to dip a toe in the nylon strung guitar waters but don't really have an interest in "classical" guitar music, which is often what you will find in this section.

I've been a steel string player for 60 years, but I LOVE the compactness and rich sound of my Cordoba Cadete. For an inexpensive guitar it gets a LOT of use by me. The shorter scale length makes inter-fret stretches quite comfortable and the 1-7/8" FLAT board is super comfortable. The flat board made me have reservations about purchasing one, but it truly is absolutely no problem.
I agree with your assessment of the “classical” forum!

I have no interest in classical because of age and skill level. I just don’t have the skills and time to achieve classical improvement.

The crossover allows me to pursue finger style much more comfortably.

It also provides a different tone from my steel stringed guitars which I enjoy!

Plus, a new guitar day always makes me smile!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical