The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-14-2013, 10:54 AM

I think "The Black Keys" rock pretty well ... just as a current example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delaorden9 View Post
Hi @MrMartyr maybe I wasn't lucky in my words. I meant "dead" in the sense of there's no great bands as it used in the 70's maybe 80's and quite rarely in the 90's, but of course you're right, I would never stop playing and listening good old rock an roll music.

P.S.: Hey man , you are a great artist. Nice job on graphite. Keep it up, always !

Hear my original music at: https://www.reverbnation.com/judsonhair
Old 07-14-2013, 11:47 AM

Default Rock and Roll day, it has to do with your guitar

There's a lot of great rock out there. You just have to find it. Times have changed. Radio is all corporate and it is tough for new bands to break in. But if you look, you will find good stuff. Word of mouth via the Internet (for lack of a better expression) is how I find stuff I like. Spotify is great to check out music and determine if you want to buy it or go to a concert.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:19 PM

I am one of the many who all they could think of after seeing the Beatles on the Sullivan show with those electric guitars was Man, I had to get me one of those.

Rock and roll has had its up and downs - anybody who remembers the plague of Bobbys (Vee, Rydell, Vinton and so on) or was playing in band during the disco fever period can attest to that. I thought bands like the Scorpions were a sure sign of the demise of rock and roll. But there always has been and always will be good stuff out there. Sometimes it is just harder to unearth than others.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:35 PM
Guest 728

Quote:
Originally Posted by delaorden9 View Post
The world is quite becoming pasteurized.
I think you mean homogenized.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion