The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-18-2009, 11:56 PM

Hi,
I have spruce top A&L Ami. It's ok, not bad, nothing to write home about. I keep it in my office for breaks from writing, those little 15 min periods between meetings etc. I bought it for that purpose. It's not very loud, and sounds like a small body guitar with a solid top and lami back and sides. IMHO the spruce top sound considerably nicer than the cedar. I haven't tried the all lami version. All the A&Ls have 1.72" nuts. I took it camping this summer and I really enjoyed having it. I've also taken it to the park to play while the kids run around. The body is comfy to be sure. It's worth checking out. Do let us know what you decide on.

Best,
Rob
Old 10-19-2009, 05:26 AM
happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by patticake View Post
thanks, all. i just ordered a b-stock seagull coastline grand for a pretty good price. i thought a 14 fret parlor would be a great thing - and low and behold, that's what this guitar is
Congratulations on pulling the trigger on your parlour.

I'm with you regarding lower bout mattering more than body depth. I had a guitar that had a shallower body than most but that had a larger lower bout, and although it was a lovely guitar I just couldn't get comfortable with it. Hope your new parlour works out well for you - please post pics and a review when you've had a chance to get to know it

Fliss
Old 10-19-2009, 08:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patticake View Post
...any recommendations appreciated - i'd say under $500 would be my budget, 1 3/4 would be around the nut size i'm looking for.
Hi patti...
Get hold of Go Guitars and ask what they would charge to build you a model 1 Parlor (not listed on the site).

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 10-19-2009, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi patti...
Get hold of Go Guitars and ask what they would charge to build you a model 1 Parlor (not listed on the site).

I have not seen a parlor model, but their little travel guitars sound great, and are really well put together.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion