The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-23-2009, 04:58 PM

I'm a little biased here, since the Alhambra 3F for sale in the classifieds is my listing. But I thought I'd mention a few things.

I have 2 other Flamencos. A Yamaha CGX 171 SF and a Lucida Picado Artista 797.

Comparitively the Lucida has the most pronounced tone, but is a considerably more expensive guitar (twice). The Alhambra is not far behind however and in fact tends to have a little better bass. The Yamaha is the least desirable acoustically, but I use it for outdoor festivals since it is a tank and I can get some pretty good tone from the blender electronics.

The string height on the Alhambra is about 5/32 at the 12 fret on the low E and it has about 5/32 of saddle remaining on the low side so the some sanding could bring it down if it was desired. The Lucida is the same string height as the Alhambra, but the Yamaha is 4/32. I actually don't notice the difference of 1/32

I'll agree with Brett that a standard clasical with rosewood and cedr will be warmer.......if you get a good one. I've had some that were just plain dull, but that is another story.

Just adding to the discussion, not pushing for a sale here.....hope that's OK

GAry
Yamaha NTX700
Recording King ROS-06
Greg Bennett OM 8CE
Yamaha CGX 171 SCF Flamenco
Ibanez AG95 DBS
Old 04-23-2009, 07:26 PM

if I were you I`d look used, I`ve found some amazing deals on used nylong strings, all solid wood Yamaha Dynamics for less than $100.oo here, not sure what they go for elsewhere, but you`d get a better used guitar than a new one for that money. Sadao Yairi also made some outstanding classicals.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:47 PM

Thanks all for your responses!

I ended up with a used Antonio Aparicio aa70 (craftsmen line), 650 mm scale spruce top, rosewood sides, that Tomo pointed out to me. Its really beautiful and I think I got it for a very reasonable price.

Take care everyone. See you around the forum!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:26 PM

That Aparicio should be very nice. I don't know if they still are, but they were at one time associated with the Raimundo line as well.

Very nice. Great value.

Enjoy!

-brian
Old 04-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood8656 View Post
I looked at classical gutars recently and played a number of them. Guitar Center sells the Orpheus Valley Sofia SC for about 650 bucks. Really nice sounding guitar, nicely made out of all solid woods (I think). Try one if you have a chance.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Kremona-...38-i1443079.gc

Chris.
I played that one at the GC on Route 17. Hey, you live in the next town from me!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion