The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-20-2015, 11:23 AM

Default NGD: Kent Chasson Classic!!!

I'm here to briefly introduce myself and share some thoughts about my "new" Kent Chasson guitar. It's a gorgeous 2009 Classic model with a western red cedar top and beautiful claro walnut back and sides. It arrived a week ago but I've been busy playing and building a relationship with this instrument in my spare time, and haven't had time to think about figuring out posting and Photobucket and such.

But.... this is an amazing instrument and I wanted to share my joy with all of you. It's a beautiful guitar- Kent is a gifted craftsman. And the sound of this instrument is just wonderful. This guitar has such a rich, resonant, wonderful tone that stays warm and rich and resonant all the way up the fingerboard. The tone just doesn't thin out in the higher registers.

This guitar is such a player’s instrument- the responsiveness, the feel, the lightness of the build, the neck... Every bit of this instrument is so carefully considered to maximize the guitar's potential. The classic model is Kent's design based on the shape of a classical guitar and he uses carbon struts as part of the bracing. When I pick up this guitar, it’s like I’m picking up a thoroughbred filly that is almost resonating in anticipation of what I’m going to do. The workmanship is excellent and it’s a beautiful instrument, but its design with every feature geared towards playability is what feels so incredible to me. It’s such a gift to play! Kent is so clearly a builder who intimately understands the nuances of the guitar.

We have a 24 year old friend of the family staying with us for a few weeks. She's learning guitar and after making sure she washed her hands and was very careful, I let her try this guitar. She strummed a few times and looked up at me and said "this guitar is smaller than mine, but I can feel it vibrating through my whole body!" And she's right. I think I might have ruined her for life

And as long as I'm doing this introductory post, thank you to so many of you who post regularly and provide so much information and assistance. Over the last few years, I've found answers about everything from strings to arm bevels and so much more on the AGF. It's deeply appreciated!

And a special thank you to Kent Chasson- for building such a wondrous instrument and for already being such a support to a new Chasson owner. It's an honor to join the "Chasson guitar family."

Here a few of the requisite pictures to demonstrate this guitar really is in my house (I can hardly believe it!!). My cell phone doesn't begin to do justice to Kent's work, but you can get an idea of what I get to look at every day:

I found this instrument through the AGF Classifieds, and more information about it's history and more pictures are available there: http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...hasson+classic
Old 11-20-2015, 01:02 PM
Charter Member

Congratulations! Kent builds fantastic guitars...
Old 11-20-2015, 03:29 PM

It's a good one! Enjoy it!
Old 11-20-2015, 04:07 PM

Beautiful guitar!! Enjoy!!
Gamma G-25 Amp (electric)
Old 11-20-2015, 06:48 PM

Thanks so much! I'm so excited about this guitar! I've played some wonderful instruments over the past few years, but this one is special
Old 11-20-2015, 06:49 PM

Smile

Thanks so much! I'm so excited about this guitar! I've played some wonderful instruments over the past few years, but this one is special!
Old 11-20-2015, 07:06 PM
Charter Member

Very impressive looking and I am sure sounding guitar. And for the builder to step in and provide warranty to the new buyer is unheard of. Congrats

Last edited by CRM; 11-20-2015 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:43 PM

Congrats! Very nice
Old 11-20-2015, 09:37 PM

I appreciate your support! I'm in love with this instrument- the sound is incredible and it's so easy to play. I'm a better player just because I'm picking up this guitar. Kent has been wonderful- not only did he extend his warranty, but he reached out to me and offered his support if I needed him. He is one of the good people in this world as well as a gifted luthier!
Old 11-20-2015, 10:05 PM

Congrats on acquiring such a beautiful and quality instrument! Enjoy it to its fullest.
2014 Charis SJ Florentine Cutaway(Sinker/Braz)
2015 Martin Custom OMDBH (Adi/Koa)
2017 Razo #20 Florentine Cutaway (German/Madagascar)
Old 11-20-2015, 11:40 PM
Charter Member

Welcome to the forum, bmh1!

That's a very special guitar by a very special builder. Congrats.

Optima dies, prima fugit
Old 11-21-2015, 08:17 AM

Lovely guitar, truly. And welcome to the forum.

I don't know if you do any recording but it would be great to hear it.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:25 AM
Charter Member

Congratulations!!

I wish I would have had the opportunity to play a custom guitar when I was 24. It is life altering. 😃
Old 11-21-2015, 08:34 AM

Wow, it looks fantastic, bmh. Love that top! Congrats and enjoy.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:22 AM

It's nice to know you all love this instrument too! And thank you for the welcome- I've been a lurker for a few years. But I needed a push to jump into this posting thing. This guitar gave me the push! And your warm welcome has me thinking maybe I won't wait years to jump in again

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion