The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old Yesterday, 08:34 AM

Default Recommend A Reverb Pedal With Shimmer

I'm looking for a reverb pedal that can do shimmer, swells, "trails," and all those haunting "ambient" sounds. I've noticed the Boss RV6, the MXR reverb, and recently saw a cheap one on eBay called M-VAVE that looks interesting (for around $30 and free shipping. I'm tempted to buy this one for the heck of it). I'm not interested in the Strymon stuff: it's not only too expensive but just too complicated from what I've seen online. I thought maybe you all could recommend some stuff that's skipped my notice. Thanks.
Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM

Keeley Caverns v2 has delay on one side and reverb on the other side. Great shimmer.

HOF2 from TC Electronics.

Without stepping up to Strymon those two, or the MXR digital one would be my recommendation.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars