The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-03-2010, 11:09 AM

Default New Member, '91 810R pics

Hey Everyone!, I'm a new member here on AGF. I've been lurking for a while now and really enjoy this forum.

Here's a couple of pics of my 1991 Taylor 810R I bought new from Richard Cotten in Nashville. This is the best playing and sounding Taylor I've ever owned, and I've had several. I remember reading somewhere that Taylor found the Redwood boards at an out-of-operation salmon cannery somewhere on the west coast. Does anybody know the story behind this early 90's batch of redwood toppers and how many were made?

Thanks
scott

Old 07-03-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.B. Strummin View Post
Does anybody know the story behind this early 90's batch of redwood toppers and how many were made?
First off, welcome to the AGF! If you don't get an answer and can wait that long, I'd suggest calling Taylor customer service on 7/12. (They're on vacation this week.) They're usually able to tell you quite a bit about production numbers, etc. That's certainly a nice looking guitar!
Old 07-03-2010, 12:31 PM

Beautiful guitar! I love the top!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion