The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other

Old 04-22-2024, 12:18 PM
Charter Member

Default Schertler DYN-G Contact Mics/Acoustic Guitar Pickups x2--Reduced

For Sale:
I'm selling my two original issue Schertler DYN-G Audio Transducers/Contact Microphones/Acoustic Guitar Pickups, suitable for steel string, archtop, and classical guitars. I bought these used several years ago, and by the time I got around to gigging live I bought a Cole Clark guitar so these were never really played out. I can dial a decent sound straight into my Bose S1-Pro or EV Evolve, but I feel they do benefit from some tweaking via a preamp. Non evasive as they use putty to contact the guitar top (or bridge), and are easily removed. Some experimentation is needed to find the "sweet spot", for me the best has been on the bridge extensions, or around the bridge directly on the top. One has the original length cable which is about 66" long, and the other has a short cable that is about 8 1/2" long that I believe the original owner ordered to be able to attach the XLR connector to an archtop tailpiece. Note that either pickup typically couples to an xlr mic cable to send to the PA. The shorter one isn't long enough to hang completely away from the side of the guitar on my dread in the desired position, but it would depend on the guitar size and placement. Of course archtop tailpiece attachment shouldn't be a problem. I believe this cable could be replaced by Schertler if needed. Both were just tested and work as designed. Includes original cases, manuals, and putty.
Here's a copy of the manual:
https://djangobooks.com/archives/DYN-G_manual.pdf

Selling the long cable pickup for (reduced)$200 shipped, and the short one for (reduced)$175 shipped. Would make a package deal if someone wants both. These were originally over $450 each
Thanks!
Long cable model--

Short cable model:

Last edited by Stringmaster; 04-29-2024 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-29-2024, 01:42 PM
Charter Member

Reduced price on both pickups.
Old 04-29-2024, 06:59 PM

I have one of these. Don’t use it often as I rarely play plugged in. It does work well. I have really liked using it on my PJ.

Jeff
Flammang RS35, Flammang el35, SC 000 12 Fret ss, SC H13, SC PJ, Rockbridge 00, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin 0018vs (given to Godson), Lowden F388c (traded), SC OM (traded), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Larrivee L05MT (sold), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)
Old 04-30-2024, 07:28 AM

I also have one of these and when correctly placed it produces the most realistic acoustic sound I have ever come across. They are a bit fiddly and very sensitive, so prone to feedback, but a really natural sound. Definitely worth a try at that price.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other