The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-11-2020, 07:55 PM

Question Gator Case - Too Tight?

I bought a Gator Case GC Dread for my Eastman E10D, and it feels a tad tight. I used the Case Finder function on the site to make sure the guitar fits, and it's suppose to. This was one of the recommended models, although there were others to choose from.

But when I tried it, it takes a little push to close the lid. Not a ton of push, but it'll stay ajar maybe by half and inch or a little less unless I give it that push. The guitar's body had a 5" thickness, which the case is supposed to accommodate (with an internal height capacity of 5.3"). I'm having trouble identifying where the pressure is hitting and whether or not that's just not gonna work. I obviously don't want to put pressure on the guitar. Is this just a bad fit? Any Gator reps on this forum?
Old 09-11-2020, 09:23 PM

I've bought only one Gator case, and what I got in no way resembled the manufacturer's description. First and last Gator and Sweetwater was real nice about accepting my return.

I think OP's not alone, and for reasons I can't fathom.
Old 09-11-2020, 09:34 PM

I don't own a Gator case, but I do own a Calton case.
When I first received the case, the fit was "very" snug and took a little pressure to seat the guitar. The case finally "broke In'' to where the fit is nice and snug, but not overly so.
Perhaps the "break in" may be the similar with the Gator.
Good luck .
Old 09-11-2020, 09:44 PM

Default A thought

'Breaking in' the Gator I bought wasn't going to make the case fit the thickness of my guitar. Gator's case internal thickness was an inch thinner than their specifications claimed.
Old 09-11-2020, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phavriluk View Post
'Breaking in' the Gator I bought wasn't going to make the case fit the thickness of my guitar. Gator's case internal thickness was an inch thinner than their specifications claimed.
Sorry phavriluk, I meant to direct the response to the OP.
Old 09-12-2020, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phavriluk View Post
I've bought only one Gator case, and what I got in no way resembled the manufacturer's description. First and last Gator and Sweetwater was real nice about accepting my return.

I think OP's not alone, and for reasons I can't fathom.
Aargh. Not the answer I was hoping to hear.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion