The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-20-2014, 12:52 AM

Default Taylor Roadshow 2014 Auburn, CA

I had the chance tonight to attend my first Taylor Roadshow at Encore Music in Auburn, CA. What a fun night. Encore Music is a great shop. They really encourage patrons to try all the guitars they have in the shop. Marc Seal of the Ultimate Guitar Show did a fantastic job demoing many models. The best thing for me was that I got a chance tonight to play the 2014 Taylor 814ce and 816e side by side. Having ordered a 2014 Taylor 816ce last week without trying it out,(It is on the way as I write this.) I was nervous. I played the 814ce two days ago and I was fairly impressed but not smitten. Tonight I tried the 814ce and 816e side by side and there was no question I chose the right guitar. My ultimate test asked the question: Can I play ethereal ringing chords and notes with my fingers and a pick and also play a pounding version of Pinball wizard on the same guitar? Question answered. The 816ce was clearly the winner. It is a big, bold guitar that also exhibits crystalline sustain. Thanks Taylor and Encore Music.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion