The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-23-2001, 09:23 AM

Post Where to buy a 510 Pickguard

Hi,

I had been mentioned in here that I bought a 510 early this year. This 510 was a "New Old Stock" with the pickguard peeling off.

Can anyone tell from which website I can buy a new one to replace with ? I have asked the local store to order one but until now they don't have any feedback.
Old 04-23-2001, 10:17 AM
I know that one

Stanley -
If you want the standard Taylor pickguard you can contact Taylor customer service and order direct from Taylor or as an alternative you can order from First Quality Music Supplies 1-800-635-2021 or www.fqms.com
They carry Greven and Martin pickguards. I think they also have the material available in sheets so you can cut your own shape. FQMS is a pleasure to work with - they'll give you plenty of options.
Old 04-23-2001, 11:14 AM

Cool

Call the Taylor service department at 1-800-943-6782 and tell them. Im almost sure they will send you out a new pick gaurd at absolutly no charge. They have never charge me for one and they come cross country in about three days. The Taylor pickgaurd is distintive to Taylor so I would accept no substitutes. Plus its free! JW
Old 04-23-2001, 12:28 PM
Jim

Hi Stanley. Since you live in Hong Kong it may not be easy for you to call Taylor or perhaps Taylor might hesitate to ship one internatinally.

If this is the case, is the dealer from whom you bought you 510 an authorized Taylor dealer? If they are, your dealer should contact Taylor for you and get you one for free, or perhaps just the cost of mailing. If your dealer is not an authorized Taylor dealer, then Taylor might charge you for it.
Old 04-23-2001, 04:18 PM

Cool

If you cant call email to http://taylorguitars.com and tell them the deal. They want to make you happy and im sure they will. JW
Old 04-23-2001, 04:20 PM

Cool

Almost forgot go to contact when you hit the sight. look for service. JW
Old 04-24-2001, 06:04 AM

Thank you all for the valuable information here. People here are very kind and helpful. I think I will try to ask the local dealer again because I know they are the only one authorise dealer for Taylor Guitar here. If they don't, then I may contact Taylor Service.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion