The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-15-2019, 04:45 AM

Default Godin A6 Ultra

Just got a Godin A6 Ultra to do my first ever solo gig at age 54. So nice. Everyone loved the sound. I'm a little deaf and I find I'm just not a very good judge sometimes but I got great feedback and oh, what a joy to play. I don't know how to describe it but it FEELS like I'm playing a thinline type acoustic, even the fretboard feels "acousticy" except I can access all the frets, bend strings and move much faster. That is to say it PLAYS like an electric yet at the same time feels like an acoustic.

I've been drooling over the Michael Parker hybrid though...2 pickups vs. 1 ... has anyone played BOTH the A6 and MP? I'd love to hear some thoughts. I am intrigued by how cheap the MP's are compared to T5z, etc.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:12 AM

I used a Godin A6 for a couple of years in a band because of feedback issues. Yes, it looks and plays like an electric guitar. You can also put electric guitar strings on it and it will still sound the same, in a band. Now solo work, I didn't use it, because an I switched to an acoustic guitar. The beauty of the A6 is using effects pedals, even fuzz/overdrive.
Old 10-15-2019, 05:42 AM

Did you mean Michael Kelly? I had an A6 Ultra for a while and when I blended the UST and magnetic pickup I got a truly outstanding acoustic guitar tone. The A6 is a very small V-braced (before Taylor coined the term) acoustic guitar with quality electronics.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 10-15-2019, 06:46 AM

Default Reply

yes, LOL, I did mean Michael Kelly. I don't know where the heck the name Parker popped into my head from?
Old 10-15-2019, 07:27 AM

You won’t find much love for hybrids here. Be careful. That being said, try the new Fender Acoustasonic Tele through the new Fender Smolder OD pedal. Nothing else you try will satisfy like this combo. You can plug straight into a DI and your PA and get great acoustic and electric tones. Plus, it plays like creamy butter. Add some reverb and a little delay, and you are there!
Old 10-15-2019, 12:18 PM

Default Now you've done it!

Well NOW you've gone and done it ... put the idea of the Fender Acoustasonic Tele in my head! I have heard great things about them, and will probably own one some day...Thanks for the added tips of amp
Old 08-25-2021, 11:20 AM

First attempt to improve Godin A6 Ultra baritone sound

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion