The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-11-2013, 08:14 AM

Default Martin Madis is Dallas.....very nice.

Met an AGF member at the North Dallas GC yesterday, mainly for him to look at a custom shop Sinker Mahogany dread, but the two guitars that made me smile were Martin Madis.

The have two $40K Martins (D-28 Authentic, D-50), but the ears grabbers "to me" were a pair of custom shops: a D-28 12 fret slope shoulder slot head Madi (monster tone and volume), and an 00-28 Madi with Snakewood tuners and wood binding.

Both were outstanding, and when Martin runs out of Madi slabs, say goodnight, that's it, it's going to be just like Brazilian, as well it should be to conserve our resources.

Check them out if you're local, they are deep pocket models..............

Rich Macklin Soundclick Website
http://www.youtube.com/rmyaddison

Martin OM-18 Authentic '33 Adirondack/Mahogany
Martin CS OM-28 Alpine/Madagascar
Martin CS 00-42 Adirondack/Madagascar
Martin OM-45TB (2005) Engelmann/Tasmanian Blackwood (#23 of 29)
Old 08-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Charter Member

Hi Rich,

I would love to try out some of those guitars, Rich, especially that Madi 12-fret D-28. Your local Dallas GC sounds like a great place. I'm sure you are one of their best customers!

- Glenn
Old 08-11-2013, 10:17 AM

Both guitars were great (I'm the mystery AGF member ).

My preference was the OM . . . but mainly because that's the kind of sound I tend to go for (just don't like the dreads as much, I guess).

Lucky for you, the dread was less expensive. And a pretty good deal, too, at 35% off list.

The had a couple of 30k - 50k used Martins there, too. I didn't dare paly them just in case I might fall in love with them.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion