The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-25-2016, 01:11 PM

Default Travel Problems: friendly/unfriendly planes, etc

Picking up on the recent travel issues thread, I wanted to start a thread wherein people could identify specific plane models which were not compatible with traveling with a guitar. You can check the plane type which are scheduled for your flight online and ahead of time.

For instance, the 2x2 seater Embraer models used between smaller airports and in commuter flights have very small overhead compartments. Guitars carried on to these planes always have to be gate checked and handcarried to the baggage compartment.

I was on a recent flight on an Airbus A-319 (I think) and the overheads were too short for a full-length guitar case. New model and never seen this kind of plane. I have a pic but can't get it loaded to flickr or whatever. The overhead is too short in pull down bullets like over seas flights. You get it.

Hans
2000 Froggy Bottom H12c (adir/ind RW)
2016 Froggy Bottom K mod (adir/madrose; my son's)
2010 Voyage-Air VAOM-2C

http://www.soundclick.com/hanstunes (recorded on Froggy H12c)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion