The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-05-2013, 01:51 PM

Default want a washburn D10s 12... but not a light pocket

Ive been looking for a good 12 string, my 50s hoyer is not a good main player!, and it needs too much work to make it one!, its more of a collectors peice (although i do collect vintage and antique items) i need a good player most at the moment!, i also want a good make and a good looker, the Washburn D10s12 caught my eye as a good budget 12 string, i dont like the laminate back and sides but we all have to compromise somewhere!, i tried a friends at school today and i quite liked it!

I am going to get a used one, but budget is a big problem, i can only get about £50-£100 for one..., is there anywhere that it may be possible to find one at this price range, its fine if its a little beat up, no shops near me has a used one in at the minute, i havent looked at alot of places, just some locally, someone here might know somewhere where i may be able to find one at that cost!, i live in the UK
thanks!
Alex

Alex Kirtley, UK
Old 06-05-2013, 02:04 PM

Hey I sold mine in pristine condition on Gumtree a year ago for 120 and there is one listed just now for 95. I really liked mine nice guitar for the money. I don't thing it's unrealistic to pick one up this cheap just keep a look out on Gumtree and set up an alert on eBay.

Martin 00-15
Old 06-05-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergoose View Post
Hey I sold mine in pristine condition on Gumtree a year ago for 120 and there is one listed just now for 95. I really liked mine nice guitar for the money. I don't thing it's unrealistic to pick one up this cheap just keep a look out on Gumtree and set up an alert on eBay.
thanks, i had a look at the one on gumtree, it looks really nice!!, but oxfordshire is the other side of the country from me, i live in the north east!, i'll have to keep a eye out!

Alex Kirtley, UK
Old 06-05-2013, 03:25 PM

I'm just north of Edinburgh I fancied a Martin for a while but the right one just never come up on Gumtree.its always the same, when your looking for something no one is ever selling. In the end I bought my Yamaha just last week. Oh my it's beautiful. Good luck in your search its awesome getting a new guitar.

Martin 00-15

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion