The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-02-2022, 11:19 AM

Default Anybody have a discontinued X series Martin 00X1AE?

Here is one for sale: https://reverb.com/item/50976922-mar...tar-lombard-il

It's body dimensions closely match my Alvarez Yairi PYM70 parlor, but it's a 14-fret paddlehead.

I am wondering how it sounds and feels, and how the electrics are. It has a feature I really really like, its richlite fretboard.

Naples, FL

1972 Martin D18 (Kimsified, so there!)
Alvarez Yairi PYM70
Yamaha LS-TA with sunburst finish
Republic parlor resonator
Too many ukeleles
Old 03-02-2022, 03:26 PM
Charter Member

I don’t have one of those, but did pick up an all HPL OOO x series Macassar after thanksgiving. It’s pretty great for the $300 I paid. Obviously a little bigger than yours. It’s heavy, but sounds great and I don’t mind the richlite fretboard at all. It’s been out on a stand all winter here near Boston and no ill effects.
Old 03-02-2022, 04:05 PM

I've got a 000X1AE. If the 00 version is anything like my 000 it should be a nice instrument. Like you, I appreciate the Richlite fingerboard, and with the solid spruce top the sound and feel is really satisfying and distinctively Martin. The electronics are Fishman's Sonitone under saddle pickup, which is nothing more than basic: a volume and a tone control. When I plug in, I'm able to get a good sound using the acoustic resonance feature on my Boss Acoustic Singer amp. Without it, I'm not happy with the plugged in sound, but it's not horrible. I bought my 000X1AE new a couple of years ago, and am amazed at how much guitar you get at its price point.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 03-02-2022, 10:09 PM

Huh, I drive by the Sam Ash listing that guitar every day. Maybe I'll stop in and give a strum, see if it's any good.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion