The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 06:42 AM

These are awesome old record jackets, real collector's items. I like the original post, it really is not often that you see woman with guitars. Well, a lot of country singers of course, and Melissa Ethridge, but those are tasteful shots.

Lisa
Old 04-02-2009, 06:46 AM

I've always thought this part of the guitar's curves particularly beautiful. Maybe the first guitar's designer had the feminine form in mind.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:54 AM

Melisa Prestianni. Saw her live a few weeks ago. The photo doesn't do any justice at all!

(PHOTO REMOVED BY ORIGINAL POSTER)

Last edited by JCW308; 04-02-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:00 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdks View Post

I was listening to the "Girl from Ipanema" when the image of the beautiful woman and the guitar caught my eye. The perspective view of graceful, purposeful curves, both human and human made. With each possessing entrancing voices, the woman and the guitar seem perfectly balanced and perfectly matched.

So let this be a celebration of women and guitars thread. All in good taste, of course (and with apologies in advance for the inevitable bit of objectification that may occur).

The newcomer, Taylor and her Taylor

Petra Ester Kahle - busker, and aspiring recording artist, in Prague

Saffron Burrows, the stunning, talented star of the new film, "The Guitar"

and my favorite, beauty reflecting beauty...

I think that the newcomer Taylor and her Taylor is a fine example of beauty and modesty. She is absolutely stunning along with the very nice guitar.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:37 AM

Default Like music, appreciation of physical beauty is non-gender specific...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmsj21 View Post
Well I really don't see anything wrong with appreciating a beautiful woman, a beautiful instrument and in this instance some beautiful music.

http://www.anavidovic.com/html/pictu...ge_name=11.jpg

Pat Mc

Vidovic is talented indeed! And appropriately, her site puts business (upcoming performances) and her music well ahead of the photography.

It's also worth pointing out that anyone who believes that imagery and beauty are only a factor in marketing female musicians has never been in the crowd at a Bon Jovi concert!

my wife made me go ...and I grudgingly admit, it was a great show!

If the King loves music, it is well with the land. ~Mencius

bourgeois omc euro
ca cargo, gxi
doolin om
gibson custom j45 vine
larrivee sd50, cust.walnut parlor
martin d40, d18ge, ltd.000 hippie
takamine ef341sc, ltd98
taylor 555-12, T5-C, 516ce FLTD

electrics: suhr-s, taylor T3-B, gibson lp std, guild '63 starfire III & '80 IV; amer.dlx & '57 AVRI strats; 52RI & J Burton teles
Old 04-02-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fliss View Post
I don't normally comment on things like this but I feel I have to speak out and say that I find this thread disturbing and inappropriate. Guitars as objects to be ogled - fine. Women as objects to be ogled - no.

Fliss
I concur entirely.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Fliss
I don't normally comment on things like this but I feel I have to speak out and say that I find this thread disturbing and inappropriate. Guitars as objects to be ogled - fine. Women as objects to be ogled - no.

Fliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishmannah View Post
I concur entirely.

I have to comment that I find these two threads just as disturbing and inappropriate.

In looking at the original post I certainly didnt read into the post that he was ogleing (to glance with amorous invitation or challenge....according to Webster) maybe others did but my point is that only the original poster can say with any authority and accuracy.

The way that I interpeted the post was; that he was appreciating beauty in a woman and a guitar and commenting on the similarities in the shape of a woman's body and a guitar. The human body has been appreciated in art for hundreds of years and doing so doesnt necessarily imply that one is "ogleing".

Pat Mc
Old 04-02-2009, 10:31 AM

here, how 'bout this:

Old 04-02-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missouri.picker View Post
Fliss that would depend on what humidity you have been keeping your girlfriend at. A properly humidified women is a site to behold, but the other direction with cracks and spiderwebbing, ewwww!
Ummm...I think Fliss is female? I might be wrong but I think I read a thread where she showed a pic. So, yeah
2009 Martin LX1
2008 Yamaha FG720s
Old 04-02-2009, 10:37 AM

There you go! -- a beautiful little girl, a beautiful guitar and a beautiful view . . .
Old 04-02-2009, 10:42 AM

I was expecting the above when I opened this thread.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHulkster View Post
Ummm...I think Fliss is female? I might be wrong but I think I read a thread where she showed a pic. So, yeah
well then to me Fliss needs to realize that this isn't a prono post at all......I think comparing a womans shape to the shape of modern guitars is quite appropriate and it is to be ranked up there with a Monet, and should be quite the compliment to any woman. IMHO nothing inappropriate about it at all and I do not consider it groping or ogeling, just like my wife I love to look at her and my guitars catch my eye every day, but I ain't no perve.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:58 AM

i often catch myself sitting in my chair, watching tv, 000-15 on my lap, it's back facing me, running my hands down the sides of it. love that satin finish.

2016 Fender American Standard Strat (Burly Slinky)
2015 Taylor 416e (Elixir PB Lights)
2010 Yamaha FG700S (whatever strings I have lying around)
'88 Yamaha FG405
'91 Washburn D-10N
Fishman Loudbox Mini
2001 Fender Standard Tele (Regular Slinky)
'94 Epiphone SG (Regular Slinky)
'90 Ibanez 540SLTD (Super Slinky)
Ibanez SR500 Bass (Ernie Ball flats)

Old 04-02-2009, 11:08 AM

Appreciation of the beauty of the guitar and of the human form is all this is about, I think. Even Segovia referred to the guitar's form to be as beautiful as a woman's.

The album covers from the 1950's and 1960's show that using an attractive woman on the cover helped to sell the album probably better than a picture of Laurindo, Charlie or Chet playing guitar, though there are many of those as well.

As noted, Ana Vidovic, an absolutely awesome classical guitarist, also has a photo gallery that is pleasant to view. Famed classical guitarist Leona Boyd is not afraid to link her attractiveness to her guitar skills as well. I think this is all fine.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:12 AM

don't forget sheryl crow and her gibby!
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion