The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-19-2008, 08:27 AM

Default Nice Guitars - MA, NJ?

Hey everyone, you all have such nice guitars here, I was wondering where some really nice guitar places are around MA or NJ. All I have been to is a Falcetii, Daddy's Junky Music or Guitar Center. But I was hoping to really try some of your 'designer' guitars somewhere.

On a side note, do you ever get those days when your fingers just don't want to move on the guitar?
Old 05-19-2008, 08:38 AM

Well, NJ is between NY (Matty Umanov - Bleeker St, Mandolin Brothers on Staten Island) and Philadelphia (Bucks County Folk Music Shop, and a GREAT shop on Pine St in Philly - name of which escapes me)... AND there is the Luthiers' Pride in NJ (http://www.luthierspride.com/)

Luthiers' Pride is the place to really check out the hand - mades!!

When you get yourself a great hand made guitar that truly speaks to you, you will never again suffer from fingers not wanting to move!
Old 05-19-2008, 08:42 AM

In MA try The Music Emporium http://themusicemporium.com/ in Lexington.

Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm -- Winston Churchill
Old 05-19-2008, 10:12 AM

The Philly guitar shop referenced earlier would be Vintage Instruments, 1609 Pine Street

Fitz
Old 05-19-2008, 10:45 AM

Aside from the chain stores like Sam Ashe and GUitar Center . . .

There's a really nice guitar shop in Teaneck, NJ call Lark Street Music. Plenty of high end stuff, including Collings, Santa Cruz, etc. Robbie's Music in Wayne, NJ has Taylor and Martin.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarNz View Post
Hey everyone, you all have such nice guitars here, I was wondering where some really nice guitar places are around MA or NJ. All I have been to is a Falcetii, Daddy's Junky Music or Guitar Center. But I was hoping to really try some of your 'designer' guitars somewhere.

On a side note, do you ever get those days when your fingers just don't want to move on the guitar?
Take a ride up to Brattleboro VT and check out Maple Leaf Music. In southern CT check out Acoustic Music in Guilford. In Manhattan check out Rudy's on W 48th between 6th and 7th.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:14 PM

Union Music in Worcester, MA is a pretty decent place. Have a couple of hot dogs next door at Coney Island, a local legend.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:02 PM

I usually just lurk around here but I thought I should mention Golden Age Guitars in Westfield NJ
http://www.goldenageguitars.com/
John Reynolds is a great guy, plus he carries a few of mine

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion