The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-24-2013, 08:55 AM

Default Typical cost to ship guitar internationally

I'm thinking of shipping a guitar to the British Virgin Islands, where I will be for a vacation. Can anyone give me an idea of the costs involved? The guitar is in a gig bag, so it is lighter than if it had a hard case.

Taylor 856, Taylor GC7, Martin 00-28, Breedlove Oregon Concertina, Breedlove Jeff Bridges Signature, Guild JF55-12, Guild D212, Larrivee OM3, Eastman E20 OM, Farida OT22w, Cordoba Fusion 12 Orchestra, Blueridge BR-361, Pono 0-15 mango, Journey OF-660, Tanglewood TWJP parlor (Nashville tuned), Paul Reed Smith SE Custom.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:57 AM

The box would be too big to use USPS, so you'd have to go FedEx. It's going to be fairly expensive unless you have an account with discounts available.

You might be able to find a "cool" or lazy USPS clerk who would let the box go through even though it's over the size limit. If so Priority would be about $60 to $90, depending on the weight. But you're taking a chance that the box could be returned. If I were you I'd just take it on the plane.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion