The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-08-2024, 12:24 AM

Default Ibanez new bracing

https://www.ibanez.com/asia/products...100_1p_01.html

Do you think it looks familiar? Like an X and V combined. Wonder how will it sound like?
000JR-10E Shawn Mendes
Old 02-08-2024, 07:19 AM

As someone with seemingly too much time on my hands over the years, I've followed the guitar "bracing game" with some interest. As far as I can discern, there really is almost no bracing scheme that hasn't been tried in one form or another. Whatever can be imagined has probably been tried. It's probably a lot more important how the bracing scheme is executed--the care and precision--than the actual structure. Having said that, there's a reason the tried and true Martin version has persisted throughout the years and been adopted by nearly all companies making Martin-style guitars, from dreadnoughts to OMs to smaller-bodied instruments, and that reason is because it works really well.
Old 02-08-2024, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwills57 View Post
As someone with seemingly too much time on my hands over the years, I've followed the guitar "bracing game" with some interest. As far as I can discern, there really is almost no bracing scheme that hasn't been tried in one form or another. Whatever can be imagined has probably been tried. It's probably a lot more important how the bracing scheme is executed--the care and precision--than the actual structure. Having said that, there's a reason the tried and true Martin version has persisted throughout the years and been adopted by nearly all companies making Martin-style guitars, from dreadnoughts to OMs to smaller-bodied instruments, and that reason is because it works really well.
Taylor started the industry down a slippery slope. Think each manufacturer will be coming out with their own proprietary bracing
000JR-10E Shawn Mendes
Old 02-08-2024, 08:11 AM

Reminds me of Edwinson bracing a bit. Also, last year when I visited Gallagher, they were experimenting with a similar bracing pattern.

I’ll look forward to trying one of these Ibanez guitars out.
Old 02-08-2024, 08:18 AM

looks like the area between the bridge and back of the guitar is supported very well.

You can bet the prototypes have been played for hours and hours.
Old 02-08-2024, 08:51 AM
Charter Member

I've become quite a fan of Ibanez acoustics. For my personal tastes, they offer the best in the low-priced range.

This does look a lit like Andy Powers' V-Class bracing concept.

If anything, I think the copying might validate that idea, which was questioned.

On the other hand, I agree that by trial-and-error we already landed on the most accepted bracing strategy, soooooo not sure we need something new.

Taylor GC7, GA3-12, SB2-C, SB2-Cp...... Ibanez AVC-11MHx , AC-240
Old 02-08-2024, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwills57 View Post
I'm going to try circular bracing!
Old 02-08-2024, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
I've become quite a fan of Ibanez acoustics. For my personal tastes, they offer the best in the low-priced range.

This does look a lit like Andy Powers' V-Class bracing concept.

If anything, I think the copying might validate that idea, which was questioned.

On the other hand, I agree that by trial-and-error we already landed on the most accepted bracing strategy, soooooo not sure we need something new.

I see a lawsuit approaching
000JR-10E Shawn Mendes
Old 02-08-2024, 07:36 PM

It looks like a lot of wood. :-) One unrelated bracing note. In 2024 Martin came out with bracing that has holes in it. I was playing an inexpensive modern looking Walden guitar recently. It came out in 2020. It sounded wonderful. Turns out they had released bracing with holes in it first! I intend to go buy the guitar when I have a chance.

Last edited by martingitdave; 02-08-2024 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-08-2024, 09:23 PM

that's a cool Ibanez guitar. Love the soundport design. 400bucks. only wish they had a nat top model.
Takamine F349, Takamine g340, Yamaha LL6M
'78 Fender Strat
Univox Ultra elec12string
Lute 13 strings
Gibson Les Paul Triumph Bass
Piano, Keyboards, Controllers, Marimba, Dusty Strings harp

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion