The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-21-2015, 07:40 PM

Default Having issue with fishman analog F1/OMCPA4

Hi all,
I recently purchased this guitar to gig with. Running it through a DI. I've
tried every setting, and I can't get any punch at all out of the high E string. Every time I play a solo, I can't even hear it. The other strings seem ok. Granted, the stage volume gets a bit overwhelming at times, but I can hear everything through the monitor except that E string, like its turned off. I also struggle with feedback through the monitor too, trying to stay loud enough to hear it.
This guitar was supposed to be an upgrade from the 1985 Takamine I was playing, which also had a Fishman preamp, and it was more lively than this thing. So I'm not sure about this Fishman Analog F1, and disappointed. My buddy gave me a LR baggs active preamp this weekend to try too, but I haven't tried it out yet. And I'm not opposed to selling this Martin either, although it does sound great acoustically. I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience/thoughts/recommendations ?? Thanks!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion