The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-21-2015, 11:13 AM

Default Nope

Not a prerequisite or a deal breaker but I'll contact them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guit3090 View Post
- Does not have torrified top if that means anything to you.
Old 09-22-2015, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Nice guitar! I wouldn't be too concerned that it doesn't have a torrified top - Dana and other fine builders were making great guitars before that fad came into existence. I played one of Dana's OO a few years back and it was just stellar. Let us know if you decide to go for it.

Best,
Jayne
Old 09-22-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarsch View Post
I played one of Dana's OO a few years back and it was just stellar.
Really true. The Bourgeois tone may or may not be your favorite tone, and I've found it to be both characteristic and consistent across their guitars, but they're really fine guitars.

Sometimes you have to wonder how good a guitar has to be before we think it's worthy of playing.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhcod View Post
I bought a Bourgeois Vintage OM without playing it. It's been a dream to own. I would go for it. Dana's guitars never disappoint. I'm about to buy another.
I've bought 3, custom ordered (OMC, 00, 0) which is the same as buying unplayed ahead of time, and each one is wonderful and each one has it's own voice.

Buscarino Cabaret
Bourgeois OMC (Adi/Madagascar)
Bourgeois OO (Aged Tone Adi/Mahogany)
Bourgeois 0 (Italian spruce/Madagascar)
Old 09-22-2015, 04:40 PM

Nahhh...I bet this guitar sounds better with Sitka top. Adirondack top is too stiff for me as an OM guitar.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboy View Post
Nahhh...I bet this guitar sounds better with Sitka top. Adirondack top is too stiff for me as an OM guitar.
This is interesting. A similar discussion is taking place in another thread about Adirondack spruce. Since we are talking about Bourgeois guitars here, I'll quote Dana Borgeois.

About Sitka spruce he says "...the lack of a strong overtone component [Sitka] can result in a “thin” tone when played with a relatively light touch-depending, of course, upon the design of the guitar and the other woods used in its construction. The break-in period for a new Sitka guitar can also be longer than that of other spruces." Seems to me the OM design lends itself to (although not limited to) a lighter touch than a dread or full sized guitar.

To see his opinions about tone woods in full context go to
http://bourgeoisguitars.net/tonewoods-htm/

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion