The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-21-2015, 08:59 AM

Default Back after Hiatus Feeling

It seems like most people on this forum play regularly for gigs and what not, but for those of us that don't, I haven't playing for a while for good life reasons, etc., but last night I picked up my D-28 and J-45 Custom and just played some old songs and boy did those guitars sound great, better than I remembered!! Love them both, it's a great feeling to come back and hear them sound so nice, I'll always be over guitared for my talent level but I don't care, it's fun.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:21 AM

Welcome back General! Glad you were able to pick them up again and enjoy them, cause to me that's one of the best things about these things we play: the sheer joy of making music! Regardless of our skill level, I hope it's always a joy to play! Glad you found that thrill again!
Old 09-21-2015, 09:25 AM

Very nice. Even if you are a pro, taking a break is often a very good thing. Sometimes you need a bit of rest, time away, recharge the batteries, or as you say life gets in the way.

Welcome back.
Old 09-21-2015, 01:29 PM
Charter Member

Don't ever worry about having nice guitars. I'd venture most here have guitars capable of playing much better than their owners' abilities.
2011 Santa Cruz D P/W
Pono OP 30 D parlor
Pono OP12-30
Pono MT uke
Goldtone Paul Beard squareneck resophonic
Fluke tenor ukulele
Boatload of home rolled telecasters

"Shut up and play ur guitar" Frank Zappa
Old 09-21-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDreedle View Post
It seems like most people on this forum play regularly for gigs and what not, but for those of us that don't, I haven't playing for a while for good life reasons, etc., but last night I picked up my D-28 and J-45 Custom and just played some old songs and boy did those guitars sound great, better than I remembered!! Love them both, it's a great feeling to come back and hear them sound so nice, I'll always be over guitared for my talent level but I don't care, it's fun.

"I'll always be over guitared for my talent level but I don't care, it's fun..."

I'm gonna have to borrow that line, because it suits me to a T...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion