The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-18-2016, 01:16 PM

Default FG260 Slothead tuners

Hi all, does anyone know of anywhere that I can get new machine heads for my Yammy 260 12 string acoustic. Beautiful sounding instrument but tuners are a bit tired. All suggestions welcome. Incidentally I live in the UK.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:11 PM

Default Slothead tuners for FG260

Really! Not one single idea. From how many members? Oh well.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:34 PM

I had to Google "FG260" to see images, and even then they are not always clear or show the view that I want. Posting some decent photos might help get you a response.

It appears that the tuners could be replaced using regular three on a plate machines placed end-to-end, but I have not found a good photo to show the spacing and the screw pattern. Except for maybe some old Ovation 12-ers, I don't recall seeing six-on-a-side slot head tuners before.

I also have no idea where you can get parts in the UK. Here across the pond, we go to Stew-Mac and LMII first.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:47 PM

Default Slothead tuners for FG260

Thanks for the reply. I've looked everywhere in the UK that I can think of, without any luck. But it really is a beautiful sounding instrument, when I can eventually get it tuned. Takes a while though with these tuners. I've never heard a plywood guitar sound this good. However, I will keep trying. As soon as I work out how to post some images, I will do it. Thanks again.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion