The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-07-2015, 10:17 AM

Default Hiscox liteflight OM fit in an overhead?

Plan to do some travel with my OM-42. While the Geib is nice its pretty heavy for airport use. Anyone have experience with the liteflight in a regular 757 jet?
Most times I can board early but they look a little bulky...I know the regional jets are too small- usually gate check for those flights.

Thanks board!
2009 Huss and Dalton MJC
Old 11-07-2015, 10:42 AM

I'm not sure that they all have the same bin configuration. I've managed it with that particular case (Lifelite Pro II OM) -- close call, and I had to tilt the case, but I didn't have to force anything -- but I don't know that that's a guarantee.

BTW, I sometimes recommend the backaxe strap system, which to me seems like a great thing and something of a bargain, although typically nobody seems interested. It makes both the Hiscox and the Geib cases way easier to carry through airports. Plus -- and here it's just my gut -- I'm under the impression that I have fewer issues walking on board with a guitar when it's on my back.

Last edited by djg; 11-07-2015 at 10:55 AM.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csteyer View Post
Plan to do some travel with my OM-42. While the Geib is nice its pretty heavy for airport use. Anyone have experience with the liteflight in a regular 757 jet?
Most times I can board early but they look a little bulky...I know the regional jets are too small- usually gate check for those flights.

Thanks board!
I've flown with a Liteflight many times. You should be fine on a 757 and a 737 and a 767 and a 787. 747 and 777 have drop down bins which are too small but both have closets that staff will use on request. 787 has drop down bins that are bigger and the case will just fit. All the Airbuses are OK.

Chris Stern

Guitars by:

Bown Wingert Kinscherff Sobell Circa Olson Ryan Fay Kopp McNally Santa Cruz McAlister Beneteau Fairbanks Franklin Collings Tippin Martin Lowden Northworthy Pre-War GC Taylor Fender Höfner

44 in total (no wife)

Around 30 other instruments

Anyone know a good psychiatrist?

www.chrisstern.com

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion