The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-27-2015, 11:45 AM

Default Pre war regal from Steve at Vintage Guitars

Please check his inventory page for pictures - #032815O

That guitar is no longer in his inventory because it's at my house now .

My first cedar topped guitar and I'm liking it. The neck and head have a few dings but hey, it's been around for a while. The back and sides are in excellent shape and the top is new. The fret board was cleaned up and new frets installed.

It has a little wider string spacing which I like. The guitar is remarkably light. It replaced a 00 Alvarez all hog (lam back and sides) and also comparing it to my 00-28vs, the weight difference is noticeable.

I've only had it for a few days (the 28 is getting jealous). I really like the sound of the cedar and I feel that Steve did an excellent job with the top. The sustain is every bit equal to the 28 as is play-ability (he set it up per measurements I gave him from the 28).

I was always hesitant to take the 28 out of my practice area, afraid of the first little ding etc...... not so with the Regal, it came pre-dinged! I can take it out to the living room, back porch etc and although I'm still careful with it (hey, it's a nice guitar), I have a more relaxed psychology with it....

Also, would like to give some props to Steve. He was great to work with: put up with numerous emails regarding different questions I had. Sent extra pictures so I could see exactly what I was getting. It came with a case and was well packed. He even threw in a couple of small pieces of wood so I can make my own arm rest (will copy the Pearse armrest I have on the 28). I have body chemistry that does not play nice with nitro.

Anyway, ear to ear smiles here!
Old 05-27-2015, 08:23 PM

Sounds like a great guitar. I had the pleasure of buying an Anonymous-built OOO-style guitar from Steve last March. My experience dealing with him matches yours. I got a fine guitar, well-set up, well-shipped, etc.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion