The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-09-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Another Travel overseas question...

I'm bringing a worship band from Minneapolis to Germany & we have 3 guitars... Flying United.

1. Electric guitar (have both soft/hard cases)
2. Bass (hard case but could purchase soft if needed/desired)
3. $100 Acoustic in cheaper soft case. But it has to get there as it is the main instrument we sing off of...

My problem is, I could put them into soft cases IF... they were treated well & possibly put above or in a locker. But I don't want to get there & have them in soft cases & treated as standard luggage...

or..

Put them all in hard cases & treat them as fragile luggage. Before I went to Asia, I put them in hard cases as well as in a cardboard boxes, but had to pay extra...

Thoughts/Thanks?
Jim

The best things in life, are not Things...
Old 06-09-2005, 11:42 AM

This may not be a viable suggestion but is ther any chance of renting instruments once you get to Germany? I'd hate to mess with trying to mindread what some international airline employee is going to make you do or what some baggage handler is going to do to a checked bag.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:12 AM
Rocket Scientist

Where in Germany will you be? I live in Stuttgart (about 2 hours south of Frankfurt) and you could borrow my old Sigma. It's got some serious fret wear and a Dean Markley soundhole p'up, but it's available if you need/want it.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:27 AM
Rocket Scientist

Another thought, depending on where you're going in Germany and when you're coming over, you can mail your acoustic to me via USPS Priority Mail (my overseas military mailing address is considered a domestic US address by the US Postal Servcie) and I can get it to you.

cheers,

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion