The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Charter Member

Default Belly Bulge

I'm looking at a Bourgeois guitar for a trade and noticed that the top has a pretty good bulge below the bridge. When you sight down across the top it is noticeable that the front of the bridge is lower than the back of the bridge. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if this is something I should be concerned about and was hoping others could offer advice from their experiences. I don't see anything like this on my other guitars.
Regardless, I will have it checked out at the local shop I use. It has wonderful tone and plays great, it would be a shame if this is a problem. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:36 PM
Guest 1928

"Flattop" is a misnomer.

Here's a current thread on the topic.

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=310963
Old 09-19-2013, 09:54 PM

Wazzup jdinco! Way to stay in the game.... Did you sell One? Anyways, a dramatic change in front vs behind COULD be related to under humidifcation. I personally want to see a subtle bulge. Pics!!!!!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:03 PM
Charter Member

Thanks Todd, I have read the other posts, I need to get a picture and/or measure it. It is a lot more than I have ever seen on a guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion