The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-09-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Katrina Piano Fund

Hey everyone,

I received this email from one of my area music stores and I thought I would share it here thinking there might be some interest in the efforts going on to get instruments in the hands of working musicians in the New Orleans area.

I'm not associated with this program, but again, thought there might be some interest or curiousity about how the situation is playing out.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friends of Maple Leaf Music,

The national effort to bring the basics of life back to the residents of New Orleans is far from over. A friend of ours, John “Klondike” Koehler, soundman for 28 years at the New Orleans Jazz festival, has organized a relief effort to provide musicians with instruments that were lost in the flooding. He has a data base of literally hundreds of waiting musicians-and when they get an instrument in hand, they can go back to work!

Please consider a cash donation or a donation of an instrument to a working musician. You can go to the Katrina Piano fund web site at http://www.katrinaspianofund.org/ci/68/Home/ to make your tax deductible donation; Make a holiday wish for a hurricane victim come true!

Thanks so much from Kate, Aaron, and Ethan at Maple Leaf Music in Brattleboro, Vermont

'93 LKSM 12

Gone:
'05 Avalon 101ce
'03 410r '91 815c '96 412M '00 614 '01 Big Baby '00 310KCE
'98 510ce

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion