The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-15-2013, 04:50 PM

Default Possible suspicious e-mail alert

Just wanted to let you all know that if you receive an e-mail with the word "guitargarden" in the address, it's NOT from me. My e-mail address does NOT use that term. It is only my user name here, as well as on some other guitar forums.

Earlier today, as a courtesy, another AGF member contacted me to let me know that he had received a reply to his WTB posting which, after exchanging additional messages with the sender, ultimately raised his suspicions about a possible scam. He contacted me because the sender's e-mail address includes the term "guitargarden", along with another word added afterwards. (The name that the sender used is NOT the same as my name.) According to the other AGF member, the e-mail provider has been contacted about the issue.

I truly appreciate being alerted by our fellow AGF member. A little over a week ago, the AGF member and I had conversed via e-mail (through my e-mail account which does NOT have the term "guitargarden" in it) about a guitar that I was selling. So, he knows the e-mail address that I use for the AGF, and knew that "guitargarden" is NOT part of my e-mail address.
Missing/Stolen: Martin Custom Jumbo, Sitka Spruce/Honduran Mahogany, Serial #992248

Last edited by guitargarden; 09-15-2013 at 04:57 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion