The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-30-2012, 10:21 AM

Default Anyone gig at County Clubs or similar?

I've got two gigs coming up at a Country Club and am trying to put together a couple of sets of music that will be fitting for the events. One is a casual beer and food pairing dinner on the patio and the other is a fine wine and food pairing on the rooftop.

I've never played any gigs like this. Any suggestions or have you had any similar experiences you'd like to share?

Cheers!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:22 AM

While I'm sure others will chime in with set-list suggestions - heavy on bossa-novas & 'easy listening' tunes like The Days of Wine & Roses (aka The Veins on Winos' Noses), here are two pieces of advice:

1) Remember that you're supposed to be a part of the event itself - sort of like the furniture, so do your best to blend in.

2) It's better to be told to turn the volume up rather than to turn the volume down.

Good luck and hope that no Rodney Dangerfield-types throw a fistfull of money at you and suggest that you take some more lessons...

Knock 'em dead!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion