The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-11-2010, 05:35 PM

Default New Strings on my 412ce

Quick update:

Some of you know, I bought a new 412 a few months back. June actually.

Anyway yesterday I changed the strings on it for the first time. Let me say, this is the first guitar I've had with the Elixor's (sp) and all I have to say is wow!!

Wow, because I really didn't need to change my strings, I'm sure they would've lasted another month at least if not three more months but my guitar was getting smudgy with gunk/pet hair and dusty under the strings next to bridge, so....

Anyhoo I strung up a set of D'add's PB lights, my usual brand, size etc., I usually buy em in 10 packs.

Well, I was nervous at first, so much so that I've been hesitating for a few days knowing the tonal/timbre changes were inevitable and was worried I wouldn't like the tone of my guitar anymore. Being a small(er) body I was liking the Chimey-ness.

Well the tone has indeed changed but in a good way, at least to me, gone is some of the brightness, but more present is some bold, louder mid-range, say (ovangkol), but more likely the PB's.

At the end of the day? Me Likey

Can't wait to try my next set of.... (don't know yet).

Cheers all.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion