The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-29-2022, 04:06 AM

Default Martin GPC16e and Larrivee D40

Bought these 2 recently after playing many models. A brief review...

Martin GP16e.. Rosewood. Where do I begin? Shallow body, rosewood/Sitka/Fishman pickup with blend for sound to get body sounds percussion vs undersaddle....fast neck, beautiful articulation, high playability, addictive because it feels so good. You can really move on this performance guitar. Highly recommended companion to a D18 mahogany for a change of Martiny goodness.

Larrivee D40 : I got this one without a pickup, I wanted a rich warm tone for composition and some punch and this one doe it. Like the Martin GPC, takes stock 10 guage. Tried 9s on it, no good. With the 10 the punch is really powerful. Not like D18, more a mid bass punch. Extreme overtones and richness, like conducting a symphony.

Both guitars, fanastic.

This completes my stable now

Gigging Guitars

J45 Rosewood
Taylor 314

Bass Heavy Guitar for Gigs and Jams

D18

And these 2 round it out.

APX 600 for pure indulgent speed, pseudo Di Meola time.
Old 01-29-2022, 04:27 AM
Charter Member

Nice. I play a D18 and a Larry L09 pretty much everywhere, they complement each other really well, and both are extremely versatile. Been spying on the D16e, looking for one to try out.

Last edited by brancher; 01-29-2022 at 05:10 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion